We’re looking for interns who are interested in learning how to effectively market artists, brands and bands in the new music business. This is an unpaid internship. Intern is required to commit to a 6-8 week period with a minimum of 20 hours of work per week as part of the internship.
You should have a passion and natural curiosity for the digital music & entertainment business. You should also have a healthy interest in learning about new music business models. The preferred candidate(s) will have a sense of humor, be flexible, well organized and have good multitasking skills. Big plus if you’re a natural problem solver.
You should be personable and responsible. But if you don’t know how to have fun, this is probably not the gig for you.
You will have the opportunity to learn marketing strategies based on current best practices, data analytics/metrics and realtime feedback. You will also learn how to effectively use music marketing platforms such as Topspin, Bandcamp and BandPage.
If you really want to get your hands dirty, we’ll teach you how to develop web sites on WordPress and Bandzoogle. Maybe even code…if you’re up for it. We’re willing to teach and train the right candidate to our required level of competency. The rest is up to you.
We also expect that you will:
- Manage a variety of social media accounts for each of the individual artists, labels or brands
- Where appropriate liaise with artists, clients and their representatives.
- Manage and update web sites, gig calendars and various online digital media assets & sites as necessary.
- Enable and coordinate the regular delivery of direct to consumer (ie. fans) emails, newsletters, messages and updates.
- Compile weekly social media statistics for all artists and conduct additional marketing research when needed
- Review Google and other analytics reports to strategize content delivery.- Help coordinate and plan our teaching workshops.
- We also expect that you will be available to teach and share with your colleagues and clients what you have already learned.
If you dig what we’re about, e-mail us your resume with an introduction.